Friday, April 9, 2010

Survivor Heroes vs Villains - April 8th Episode Recap

Expectations

Last night on Survivor – Jeff asks off the top of the show: How will losing Rob’s leadership and challenge dominance affect the Villain’s tribe. Has Russell’s ego put them in a hole they can’t get out of?

Villains – Night 18

-Russell is gloating – Big shot Boston Rob, All-star’s got nothing on me. I’ll take car of all of them one at a time. I’m Russell Hanz and if you aint with ME, you’re against ME.
-Parvati says she knew she picked the right guy – that was awesome.
-Danielle & Parvati reveling – I love blindsiding people – especially when they deserve it.

Next day Coach is talking to the camera – I did not want to vote off Boston Rob – we screwed up the whole tribe – ridiculous that they’re cowards and want to vote out Rob. ‘Cause Russell is a bully - no more, no less, he’s a bully. (Cowards? Who didn’t have the balls to put Russell’s name down like he said he would? Hello Pot? It’s the Kettle calling – sheesh.)

Jerri to Coach – I hope we made the right choice – I didn’t want to vote Rob this early – I miss him already.

Coach – Then why were you so quick to get rid of him? (What? Why didn’t you force a tie?) Coach says he feels he was forced to go along with Jerri and align with Russell. He feels it’s an alliance based on lies (Arrgghh!) Now he’s blaming Jerri – Asks her, “Are we going to the final 5 with them or are we going to make a play?” (I know how bout you make a play, Mr. Dragon Slayer.)
Jerri – I say we see how it goes into the merge.
Coach feels Russell is a piece of work and he thinks the Villains are in the crapper, won’t win another challenge – “We’re toast.”

Heroes – Day 19

-Everyone is puttering around camp when someone says – Where’s JT? I don’t know… He’s off looking for the hidden immunity idol (that stinker.) It was his proclamation that they’d all look for it together but he feels it’s in his best interest to know where it’s at (unbelievable) – he’s just going to swing by and take a gander… And he finds it. Right away he’s thinking he’s got to hide it when Amanda comes along… and he’s forced to show her – then Candice walks up and he figures if he comes clean it will bring them together as a tribe and no one will vote him out for having it (bull, you got caught so now you’re trying to pretend you were going to share all along.) He shows Rupert and Colby too and says the first person who needs it after the merge will use it. (Uh huh.)

-Candice has his number – whispers to Amanda that it was a good thing she walked up when she did. Candice thinks JT is the slimiest guy out there – he’s running the tribe, he’s always flipping back and forth and everyone is always seeking his favour (he’s the anti-Russell – or would Russell be the anti-JT?) Candice starts working Amanda – says she’s worried to say anything against JT because he’s so well liked but it would be in her [Amanda’s] best interest to work with Candice to get rid of JT or get rid of the idol whichever – JT is dangerous. (But he’s still more likeable than her, so I don’t see that really happening.)

Villains – Day 19

-Danielle & Russell eating blackened hermit crab, shell and all – they are all starving. Coach tells the camera that he’s worried – they’re all shutting down - but when Jerri says they’re all going to die he puts on his macho persona – I don’t need to eat – I can survive on nothing – meanwhile he’s telling the camera the time for exigency has exited – it’s do or die time out here. (Sometimes I wonder if he has alter personalities and they’re not all aware of what the others are doing – he’s really mental in his head.)

-Tree mail – Says they’re in for some good clean fun and the best meal yet is calling… they are hoping and praying it’s the merge so they pack up their camp – tarp, toolbox, the works and head out to the challenge.

Reward Challenge

-Table is set with pizza and soda… Heroes shocked that Boston Rob was gone and seeing the Villains with all their gear Colby says it looks like a merge – wonders what they missed in the tree mail clue. Jeff asks Rupert if he was surprised Rob was gone – Rupert says it sure looks like there is an all-girl alliance on the Villains side – Russell loves hearing that – he’s looking forward to playing the poor man needing their help so they’ll tell him all their plans.

-Jeff comments on the Villains bringing their camp with them – Russell says they're prepared for the merge – Heroes aren’t.

Jeff says, “You all will have an opportunity to enjoy the feast. Everyone drop your… expectations… you are not merging. This is a Reward Challenge – you win, you eat."
Survivor Bowling. They will square off one on one against the other tribe. Each member will get two balls, the person knocking down the most pins will win a point for their tribe. First tribe to three will win the pizza feast.

-Villains have to sit out two players and Coach declares he wants to eat so he sits the weaker Sandra & Courtney – not a popular choice.

First round: Parvati vs Rupert – Parvati gets 2 gutter balls – Rupert wins the first point with 3 pins.
Next round: JT vs Danielle – JT gets 6 pins to Danielles gutter balls – Heroes up 2-0
Next round: Russell vs Colby – Russell gutter – Colby gutter – Russell 5 – Colby 1 – Villains on the board – 2-1
Next round: Coach vs Amanda – Coach 5, Amanda 5, Coach 1 more, Amanda – 2 – And the HEROES win their 3rd straight challenge and a feast.
Villains have to slog all their stuff back to camp – HA!

Reward
-Amanda feels they’re on a bit of a roll but she doesn’t want to jinx it – they’re feeling like they’re finally catching up. They all chow down.
-JT says he wasn’t ready to merge yet – Rupert agrees, wants to get rid of at least two more first. What about Boston Rob? Bold move.
-JT says the moment he saw Boston Rob voted out it was obvious there is an all-girl alliance – Coach & Russell are on the outs (Oh, you are soo wrong – it’s Russell and his dumb-ass girls – The Hillbilly magic isn’t working so well for JT today.) Candice says their girls can go along and find out how they’re voting in the merge. JT figures if they merged they’d have Coach & Russell on their side in a heartbeat (oh boy.)
-They toast to the family – The Fantastic 5.

Villains – Day 19
Jerri – Everyone on this tribe is an idiot! She’s furious – voting out Boston Rob was a mistake – packing up the whole cmap on the assumption of a merge – are you kidding me? Rob would have made sure Sandra & Courtney didn’t sit this challenge so we’d have strong people for immunity.
-Jerri starts in on everyone – Why did Sandra & Courtney sit? That was stupid.
Sandra – I can hear you. Why are you blaming us? We didn’t do anything.
Jerri says she’s not blaming them but they could have spoken up (then Coach wouldn’t have been so stupid?) Maybe this wouldn’t have happened again (Why didn’t she speak up at the time then? Wow, these guys really like to blame everyone else.)

-Sandra says to the camera – Worst tribe ever put together is the Villains tribe – I shouldn’t even be here, I should be with the Heroes. I can’t stand Jerri, I hate Coach, I hate Danielle and I hate Russell even more (but tell us how you really feel.)

-Courtney & Sandra talking – know that with Tyson & Rob gone they’re the next on the block. Sandra says, “Want to get even with Coach?” she knows Russell’s the kind of guy that if he thinks someone’s gunning for him he’ll take him out so she’s going to put a bug in his ear that Coach is gunning for him. “I bet you Russell will believe me and Coach will be gone. Let me do my magic and I guarantee you we’ll be here on day 22 & 23.”

-Coach is talking to Courtney on the beach telling her he doesn’t want to play this game with these people – Russell sees them talking - Coach – I didn’t want to play without Tyson or Boston Rob except all that’s out the window. Courtney says - I guess you feel guilty or something- I know I’m the next to go – It’s based on what Russell wants his Survivor to be like and everyone is going along with it out of fear or something. (Can I just say that Courtney is way too skinny – ew.)

-Russell & Sandra are talking he says he sees Courtney talking to Coach but it doesn’t matter – he (Russell) will tell them how to vote and they’ll do it.
-Sandra tells him that she heard Coach tell Jerri that he made a mistake letting Boston Rob go home and he was sorry and now he wants to get rid of Russell… I don’t know about your homeboy.
-Russell says he is my homeboy but I don’t trust him – he’s digging his own grave just like Rob did saying stuff like that.

-Sandra to the camera – Russell is so stupid – I told him Coach was talking about voting for him and he ate that crap up! Russell you don’t know how to play this game – yeah, he did good so far but with me he don’t know what he got himself into.

-Russell to Parvati – Coach is gonna flip – he’s mad at me for getting rid of Rob and he’s gonna flip.
Parvati – Who does he think he is?
(As Coach is doing his Dragon Chi in the water behind them – I’ve often wondered who he thinks he is.) Russell – Beautiful thing about this is if he goes, there’s one guy left and the Heroes will be convinced there is a girls alliance – if we merge they’ll be scared to talk to the girls but they’ll surely talk to me. (Argh, that grin – he is such a bandy-legged little troll.)
Parvati – It’s all falling together perfectly, mwah ha ha.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE

Oh, it’s going to be muddy folks! They will be belted together in pairs – they’ll race through the mud going under and over a series of obstacles to retrieve a flag then race back – first pair back with the flag scores a point for their tribe – first tribe to 2 points wins Immunity. As there is an uneven number one heat will be one-on-one. Jerri & Danielle are b*tchily sitting out for the Villains.

First match – Russell & Sandra take on Candice & Amanda – Sandra really slows them down and Heroes get the first point (Russell is fuming.)
Next – One-on-One Coach vs Rupert – they are neck and neck but Coach is faster in the last stretch and ties it up. 1-1
Lastly – JT & Colby vs Courtney & Parvati – No contest – Courtney is pathetic and twists her ankle – HEROES WIN IMMUNITY!

-Villains all look really mad – Danielle – I want Courtney gone, it’s not fair to keep people in the game that have no physical ability at all (Huh, should have thought of that before you got rid of Rob.)

Villains – Day 21
They’re all washing off the mud – Coach – everyone is down, hurt, nauseous (makes a slow fist pump) and the Dragon Slayer is just coming into his own (sweeping arm movements) (Oh gag me!) Coach is on a high because he’s the only one that scored but they still lost – He says he’s feeling full of energy and it’s time for him to shine – hand gestures – off into the horizon. Anyway – we’re going to Tribal tonight and part of me says I should just jet rid of Russell tonight. He’s knocked out both my friends in this game but the way we keep losing challenges, to hold on to the weaker girls might be a mistake. So I guess I’ll stay with the forced 5 alliance and vote out Courtney who’s the weakest link.

-Later it gets stormy and Coach asks Russell if anything strange is going on. He says everything’s the same as far as he’s concerned. I get my mind set on one thing and I do it. If you can’t trust em, you gotta get rid of em. (Coach doesn’t realize they’re talking about different things, I’m thinking.)

-Russell tells the camera – Sandra says Coach wants me gone – I’ve talked to Parvati and she’s on board voting Coach out – Sandra & Courtney will vote with me, so the Dragon Slayer is going home tonight.

-Danielle to Russell – Here’s how it is, we have to keep Coach right now – if we don’t merge we’re going to keep losing challenges and we’re done.
Russell – That’s going to happen anyway…
Danielle – Because of Courtney and Sandra. At least with him we’ll have some sort of shot.
Russell – I don’t know what you’re thinking, how you’re playing the game (Oh, she dared contradict him – Bye-bye Danielle.) We keep Coach and lose the next one, your butt’s on the line for that.
Danielle – You’re freaking out right now – chill out – It’s STUPID to let him go (Oh! She called Russell stupid – I’m kinda liking Danielle right now, too bad she’s going to be marked.)
Russell – I just told you I don’t agree.
She yells at him – You’re not listening to me.
He tells her he’s not talking to her no more and he walks away… I don’t want to talk to you – (I LOVE IT!)

-Danielle says to the camera – that she thinks it’s stupid to get rid of the physically stronger Coach but Russell freaked out cause he’s so in control of the game and everything has to be his way so she’s up in the air right now.

-Sandra saw Danielle & Russell arguing and tells Courtney she’s not sure if her attempt to get rid of Coach will be successful. She fears it could still be Courtney tonight.

-Russell comes back and talks to Parvati & Danielle – says he’s had a change of heart – Danielle may be right and they should hold on to Coach one more time – we can always take him out any time we want – I think we should take out Courtney. (Whoa, what just happened there?)

-Parvati tells the camera – It’s absurd, first it’s Coach then Courtney – this tribe cannot get its act together – it’s a problem – we can’t make a decison as a cohesive unit to save our lives.

-Danielle swings by Courtney & Sandra – You guys cool? Sandra – Couldn’t be any cooler.

-Courtney – hopefully we all come together and vote out the Dragon Slayer but who knows – they might still target me to take out the weakest.

TRIBAL COUNCIL
Going back to the past 2 tribal councils, you voted out Tyson & Rob and have 4 straight losses – Danielle, any second thoughts voting out Tyson and Rob?
- The decision was made – thought it was smart to take out the 2 biggest threats – it is what it is Jeff. We thought it was right thing to do.
But in a physical challenge, Coach was the only on that got a point and I think 99% of people would take a Tyson or Boston Rob over a Courtney (no disrespect) but you have sat out most of the challenges.
- Courtney – I don’t have a big ego and have to be part of every challenge. I wasn’t a part of voting out Rob or Tyson so insulting me is not going to bring them back.
It was not an insult – it was meant as one person’s observation – Rob was dominating and to hear Danielle talk, that’s why you voted him out.
- Courtney – I didn’t vote him out – he was not in the dominating alliance (Russell grins at that.)
Coach – what do you think the take is from the outside looking in?
- I think they’re laughing at us and think we deserve it. I tried to rally us today and got [lukewarm] we’ll do our bests.
- Courtney pipes up – at the Reward challenge Coach says he wants to eat, so A-Squad out – we’ll put the weak people in the immunity challenge so one of them’ll go home.
- Coach – So you’re saying I’m the reason moral is down?
- Jeff – That’s what I heard. (He’s such a sh*t disturber.)
- Coach – I don’t make unilateral decisions and have you sit out every challenge – you can’t – but what I want is for you to say, “I’m going to win this challenge.”
- Courtney – Thanks Dad.
- Danielle – He’s a Coach, that’s what he does.
- Courtney – I’m not saying you don’t mean well…
- Coach – Trust me, I am not the one demoralizing this tribe.
Parvati, are you concerned there may not be an end to this slide?
- I don’t think it’s that hard to see they’re physically stronger than us and if we keep having these physical challenges we’ll keep losing.
- Courtney – there’s no merge so it’s now get rid of the weak and I’m the poster child for the weak Survivor – but I’ve outlasted stronger players and I’m a skinny bitch but I’ll put up with a lot of crap to get to the end. (She and Sandra fist-bump.)
Russell – how will tonight’s vote affect this tribe?
- If you can keep the tribe stronger and keep trust in place that’s what you need to do. That’s what I’m doing tonight.
- (Courtney gives a ‘see what I mean’ look.)

TIME TO VOTE
Courtney votes for Coach and says – You’re a freakin lunatic – I’m just glad I don’t have to live with you anymore. Nice feather in your hair.

TALLYING THE VOTES:
Coach – 1, 2
Courtney – 1, 2
Coach – 3, 4 - Whoa – NO WAY – That did surprise me – COACH is voted out and the first member of the jury. (So we do get to see more of the crazy at the finale.)

So that means, Kevin & Elaine R. and Sue & Hannelore are out of the pools.

Coach’s last thoughts – I never thought that I’d be going out so soon – I had so much that I wanted to accomplish and prove – I’m exhausted and still in a state of shock (Me too – Russell voted Courtney and the women all voted Coach – Huh – maybe there will be an all-girl alliance after all) More pissed off than I’ve been in a number of years and I’m not a vindictive person but I hope they get bumped off the face of the planet. (No, not vindictive at all – hahaha.)

Preview of next week – There have been a lot of dumb moves in Survivor history but you may see the moment to top them all – JT is saying, “If I get the chance to talk to Russell, I may give him the hidden immunity idol…” (What?! Ha ha ha… that would be Priceless.)

Have a great weekend everyone,

Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment