Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Survivor Heroes vs Villains April 1, 2010 Episode Recap

I’m not a good Villain

Thursday night on Survivor…
The episode opened in the Villains camp the morning after the blindsiding of Tyson –

Villains – Day 16

-Rob says he’s played this game three times and this was the first time he’s been shocked – he completely didn’t know what happened – something doesn’t feel right. Rob is talking to Sandra, Courtney & Jeri still in the tent – What did Tyson do? We need to knock them out before Parvati and Russell can do some damage (might be too late for that.)
-Courtney: Russell has a little boy crush on Parvati. Let’s face it, he’s a bandy-legged, little troll, tooth missing, never washing and she pays attention to him and has proven she will clearly flirt with ANYTHING that walks. (And, while I find Courtney’s snark amusing, it makes it obvious she has no idea what Russell is really like – though bandy-legged troll is quite apropos.)
-Parvati, Danielle & Russell are up celebrating their coup at Tribal the night before. Russell tells the girls they have to start working on Jeri (Parvati wrinkles her nose at that – and I’m sure that feeling is mutual.) They’re laughing and giggling together…
-The rest of the tribe is in the shelter listening to this – Rob – “How can they be so cocky? There are three of them and five of us.” Rob tells the camera – I was born at night but not last night – it’s ridiculous they have so much confidence – he wonders if a couple of his people are actually with them? (Hmm, not yet.) Rob’s feeling the paranoia, but he’s also got pretty good instincts I think.
-Jeri goes down and talks to Russell, Danielle & Parvati – Russell asks her if Rob’s started yet? [Ranting about Russell] Jeri says no, they’re more all depressed. Russell says she doesn’t have to feel that way – Join us, (drink our Kool-aid,) it will all be okay (wow, it is like they’re trying to indoctrinate her into their cult.) Russell says Jeri’s got all kinds of respect for me now because I put my butt on the line for someone else - Jeri hated Parvati but I’ve brought them together – I can bring people together in this game for my own good. (He could be a cult leader – that’s a scary realization.)
-Jeri says she’s afraid to commit, mumbles that maybe that’s why she’s been single for 38yrs.
-Parvati – to the camera – Okay crazy pants. There is a 3-3 split with Coach & Jeri in the middle – Parvati guarantees she’ll take Jeri to the final 4 like she did for her girls in Micronesia. Parvati thinks Jeri is jealous of what Russell did for her, that she wants a man to do something like that for her. (Yes, Parvati, every woman is jealous of you – ugh.)

Heroes – Day 16

They are all mopey faced the day after voting James off – Rupert says they need Colby to step up – not sure if getting rid of James was right but they have to try and keep strong.
-Colby – Absolutely shocked he’s still there – feels the pressure on him to perform now – it’s put up or shut up time for Colby.

REWARD CHALLENGE

-Three members of each tribe will race through the water/court to get a ball – they have to work together to get a basket anyway they can – first tribe to three points wins reward. Reward – Outdoor waterfall with lunch – beef, chicken, tuna wraps.
Villains have to sit three players: Courtney, Sandra & Parvati.
-Men head out first – Colby can’t get a basket – he misses twice. Coach takes it – also misses twice – Colby finally makes good and gets the first point for the Heroes.
-Next round – Heroes come out more aggressive than the Villains and Candice scores 2-0 for the Heroes.
-Last round Russell & Rupert tussle – JT charges out, gets the ball and Colby gets the 3rd point and HEROES Win Reward! Big win for Colby personally – buys him more time and relieves tension in the tribe.

Reward – Heroes – Day 16

-Through the rain they come to the waterfall and eat under a nice picnic shelter – Their spirits are high and they fall on the food – Candice, though, sees a little scroll and opens it – it’s a clue to another Immunity Idol at their beach. They were all happy and bonded and when the clue came out Urrch! They game came screeching back. They agree to put it aside for now but the tension builds and Amanda goes and gets it – reads it out. JT says they’ll not let it come between them and they’ll all look for it together so they can use it against the Villains. Colby – We’re now fighting the good fight – unified tribe of 5, ready to take on the Villains.

Villains – Day 16

-Russell talking to Jeri – asks her if she’s in this (with him). They beckon Coach over and Russell is telling them he wants to take them to the top three.
-Coach tells the camera that Russell is empowered by this game – with all the gullible people out there he thinks he can out-talk anybody (wow, surprisingly insightful of Coach) Russell’s spinning a pure line of gold and Jeri’s buying it hook, line and sinker.
-Jeri says she’s made her decision but she trusts Coach and doesn’t want to switch alliances without him. Russell leaves them to talk (scampers off on his bandy legs). Coach says the water is muddy right now – Jeri’s muddied it.
-Jeri tells Coach that she thinks Russell has huge balls (is that why he walks that way?) and she doesn’t trust Rob because of past performance (and you trust Russell? Huh?)
-Coach says six years ago it was a different game and this time around every time Rob has said he’s going to vote for someone he does – but he doesn’t want to talk about that –“First – I’m kinda hurt. You sit there in front of Russell and say I’m in – I hope Coach makes the same decision – you didn’t talk to me first and that hurts.” (My God! Coach is such a woman!) He feels like she said she trusts Russell & Coach equally (she says that’s not true) and he can’t believe she put all her eggs in Russell’s basket.
-Jeri tells the camera that she likes Coach but he’s so naïve – Russell’s there to play and win it – and so is she. As much as she likes and trusts Coach, she doesn’t think he gets it – He’s against manipulating people – wants to be the good guy to everyone and you just can’t be the good guy to everyone and win this game.

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE – Tribal immunity is back up for grabs.

Three members of each tribe will race, relay style, up a platform and across a net, and then climb up a large rope web to retrieve bags of puzzle pieces – once they get all six bags of pieces, the remaining two tribe members must use the pieces to solve the puzzle (crap, Heroes suck at puzzles.) First tribe to complete the puzzle wins immunity – Jeri, Danielle and Russell sit for the Villains.
-They are off; Villains have a good lead until Courtney’s second run – she gets caught up in the web and totally loses their whole lead. The Heroes are the first to start on their puzzle – JT & Amanda working pretty well together but Rob & Sandra are working the puzzle for the Villains and Rob is notoriously good at puzzles… but not good enough this time. The HEROES win IMMUNITY! Russell – we got whooped.
-Coach says we gotta get rid of Courtney tonight, she’s the weak link. (But I think Russell’s going to make a play for Rob.)

Villains – Day 18

Russell – We got our butts kicked in the Immunity Challenge – Rob got his butt kicked, Sandra did nothing, Courtney looked like she was about to bust in half – One of the most pitiful performances I have ever seen (huh, maybe you shouldn’t have sat out then.) Right now the Heroes are starting to win.
–Russell, talking to Rob in front of Sandra & Courtney, says they have to start weeding out the weak. Rob – Who do you suggest? Russell – One of these (and he points a stick at Sandra & Courtney). Rob laughs disbelievingly – What kind of approach is that? No way to gather friends.
Russell – You’d be surprised at how well it works.
-Russell tells the camera that Rob knows once Courtney goes he’s at my mercy (I’m not sure he does know that. Russell is constantly working the people and playing the game – no one else is.) “Whoever’s better in the game is who’s going to be here longer and it’s going to be me.”
-Rob goes and talks to Coach – Coach says they could blindside Parvati or vote out Courtney and re-group the alliance. Rob shakes his head. Coach thinks Courtney was pathetic in the challenge and doesn’t know what Rob sees in her.
-Rob - “She’s loyal, that’s something I value and you value too. You really think Parvati is a bigger threat than Russell at this point? From day one I haven’t trusted Russell” (Ya! Vote Russell!) How’s Jeri feel?
-Coach – “I don’t know, talked to you first cause you’re my right hand man.” (Other way round more like.) Coach says no matter what, he wants to be standing there with Rob on the last day. Alright – Rob says he’s voting Russell – Coach – Let’s get that little bastard out of here. (Hmm, I’m not buying it.)
-Rob says one way to get people to do what you want is to find what they hold most dear – with Coach it’s his reputation for being loyal - and put it on the line – you better do what you say or let it be known you’re a liar.
-Russell – talking to Coach, Danielle and Jeri – It’s Courtney tonight, then it’ll be Sandra, get rid of those two snakes right off the bat – as far as I’m concerned Rob can go home.
- Coach says Rob’s been gunning for Russell since day one and it takes a big man to escape the target [on his back.]
-Russell – I’m trying to keep the tribe strong and he keeps trying to get rid of me – Let’s blindside Rob.
-Coach – You’re a big man for not doing it though – I think the right move tonight is Courtney. Russell & Danielle start rolling with the ‘blindside Rob’ idea though – it’s the perfect time before the merge. Coach doesn’t want to. – Russell – “Give me your word and I’ll believe you.” – Coach – “I’m with you 100%.”
-Coach is talking to the camera – “I came to win this game but not at all costs.” He doesn’t want Boston Rob to go home, he doesn’t think he deserves to go home – I can’t go back on my word and Russell crammed it down my throat and Jeri’s being gullible… (Coach is having a crisis of conscience.)
-Rob talking to Jeri – They’re coming after me? She says she doesn’t know. Rob tells her she’s smart and to do what’s best for her. He says she knows what’s the right thing to do. She says she wishes she could trust him – He tells her she can always trust someone who has their back against a wall, they have no other choice.
-Jeri talking to Coach – I feel like I’ve aged 5 years – Rob told me to do what I have to do even if at his expense. Coach – you know it’s not the right time to get rid of Rob challenge-wise. Jeri – “I’m not a good Villain. I’m just not.” (I’d beg to differ there; I remember you back in the day.)

TRIBAL COUNCIL

Sandra, how is tonight’s vote different now that the Heroes are proving to be competition with their magic 5?
- Names and numbers going to be all over the board – I don’t know what to tell you Jeff.
Coach, if what Sandra says is right, is that indicative of a tribe in trouble?
- Like the dawn of every morning, hope springs eternal. I personally saw with the absence of Tyson not only a great competitor but someone who bridged the gap. Where’s the gap? Sandra, Courtney & Rob are tight – Danielle, Russell and Parvati are another group, then Jeri & I have been the followers – so everyone is going in a different direction and Tyson was the guy, in my opinion, that bridged that gap. (Rob is nodding.)
- Russell & Danielle pipe up that they disagree with that completely (cause Tyson bridged the Coach/Rob gap, not the Russell/Rob gap) Russell thinks getting rid of Tyson solidified a stronger group (Why’d you lose then? I think he meant a stronger group for him.)
Rob, you had one of the craziest tribal council’s last time that I’ve ever seen in 20 seasons – this is not a tribe that’s working together.
- It’s not. I agree with Coach, losing Tyson was a big mistake.
- Russell pipes up – I could have blindsided anybody (Rob rolls his eyes) my alliance, Parvati, was about to go home so I made the best move I thought possible – It was my decision (Bandy-legged God complex.)
- Parvati – A lot of people were mad about it and they haven’t gotten over it – shows in the challenges.
- Coach – Not true – A lot of us are giving 100% in the challenges but everyone’s so paranoid about alliances and it’s going to continue.
- Rob – It’s catastrophic because some are thinking in terms of keeping their alliance strong instead of keeping the tribe strong (And that’s Russell’s modus operandi – he has never cared about the tribe, it’s always been him and his alliance.)
- Russell – you know what? You wrote my name down – is that keeping the team strong?
- Rob – Yes, that would have kept the team strong.
- Russell – To use your own quote – “If you’re not with me, you’re against me.”
- Rob – That’s right – YOU are against ME. It’s clear – there’s been no secret. What I’m saying, my idea of trust and loyalty is different than Russell’s.
- Russell – Loyalty – I put my butt on the line.
- Rob – I saw what you did.
- Russell – You don’t have the guts to do what I did.
- Rob – Okay, you are entitled to your opinion.
- Russell – If you are gunning for me, you’re not going to get what you want from me. You gotta go.
Coach, where is your level of trust with these guys?
- Two soldiers on opposite ends of the spectrum. Lines have been drawn in the sand but I’m begging you guys to reconsider and keep this tribe strong. We can still win every challenge but not if our best competitors are at war with each other. (What? Does he really think anyone’s voting Courtney at this point?)
- Rob – at some point you have to pick someone to trust – I did that – and I think this vote will bring this tribe together (either under him or Russell.)
Jeri, literally you’re sitting in the middle – and your name hasn’t come up at all.
- I’ve been approached by both sides – they each have positives and negatives – I’m forced to make a decision and I’m not sure if I’m right but I have to believe it is.
It’s clear this will be a turning point for this tribe…

TIME TO VOTE:
Rob votes Russell – Game over – it’s either you or me.
Jeri – making a choice, hoping its right for her in the end. (They don’t show us who she wrote down)

Tallying the Votes:

Rob – 1, Russell – 1, Rob – 2, Russell – 2, Rob – 3, Russell – 3, Courtney – 1 (Coach, you’re such a wuss!), Rob – 4 And with that, BOSTON ROB is voted out of Survivor, Heroes vs Villains. (CRAP! I was totally Team Boston Rob) Jeri hugs Rob as he gets up, Coach attempts to hug him too but Rob pulls away, “You’re a little man.” Coach doesn’t like that… (But, whatever, he can talk a good game but he doesn’t have the courage of his convictions – grow a pair – idiot!)

So, with Rob leaving that means I’m sad… oh, and Julie T and Nancy C are out of the pool. Sorry Ladies.

Rob’s parting thoughts – I saw it coming tonight – these guys knew what they were doing. I wish Coach had kept his word but I knew they’d do what they thought was in their own best interests. I did as much as I could for my tribe, put them on my shoulders and carried them as long as I could and this is what I get in thanks.

Preview of this Thursday’s episode: Showed a muddy challenge and the Villains alliances crumble:
Courtney: Coach is a pathological liar.
Coach: Russell is a bully.
Jeri: Everyone on this tribe is an idiot.
Sandra: I hate Jeri, Coach, Danielle and Russell even more.
Coach – Pray for the merge.

(Ha! Sounds like it’ll be fun!)

Hope everyone has a great week,

Coleen

No comments:

Post a Comment